For those keeping score at home, I have my Worldcon schedule in hand:
Wednesday, August 23rd, 2006 4:00PM
- THE FUTURE OF JOURNALISM (Room 201 C, ACC, 60-90 mins.)
- How we get the news is changing before our eyes. Newspaper circulation is down dramatically. Online blogs and podcasts have put reportage in the hands of average citizens -- for both good and ill. Advances in camera and satellite technology make it simple for reporters to bring the public stories from the most far-flung parts of the planet. What will the future bring? And how will we know what to believe?
William Shunn(M), M. Christine Valada, Esq., Tom Galloway, Cory Doctorow, Paul Fischer
Wednesday, August 23rd, 2006 5:30PM
- THEATER, FANTASY, AND SCIENCE FICTION (Room 207 C, ACC, 60-90 mins.)
- A discussion of fantasy and science fiction plays, today and through history.
Laura Frankos, Keith G. Kato(M), William Shunn, Lise Eisenberg
Thursday, August 24th, 2006 5:30PM
- ADAPTING SF AND FANTASY FOR THE STAGE (Room 205 B, ACC, 60-90 mins.)
- Today's SF and fantasy films rely heavily on computer generated characters and effects. How can you bring them believably to the stage? Or should you even try?
Steve Collins, William Shunn(M), Jacqueline Lichtenberg, Janet Wilson Anderson, Brian Coghill