Unique up on him, of course. Which brings me to yet another meme, caught this time from readwrite:
Ten Things I've Done That Most of You Probably Haven't
- Argued with kindergarten teacher about nature of God.
- Plea-bargained way out of hijacking charge.
- Been barred from Canada following felony conviction.1
- Made out with Mormon sister missionary.
- Helped Nikki Sixx and Tommy Lee participate in online chat before Mötley Crüe concert.2
- Had picture taken in Oscar the Grouch's trashcan.
- Got married on television in Las Vegas with Elvis impersonator present.
- Built first online "survivor registry" to appear in wake of September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.
- Had science fiction published in Salon.3
- Written custom Web application to cross-index entire 2,000+ album music collection and play it remotely from any browser.
1 See item #2.
2 Also offered Tommy advicewhich he followedon how to convince online chatters he was really who he claimed to be.
3 Unless you're bobhowe, that is!
- Los Angeles, CA 1967-1973
- Grantsville, UT 1973-1974
- Liberty, UT 1974
- Bountiful, UT 1974-1978
- Kaysville, UT 1978-1985
- East Lansing, MI 1985
- Kaysville, UT 1985-1986
- Provo, UT 1986
- Brooks, AB 1986
- Calgary, AB 1986-1987
- Yakima, WA 1987
- Bonners Ferry, ID 1987
- Orofino, ID 1987-1988
- Pasco, WA 1988
- Wenatchee, WA 1988
- Kaysville, UT 1988-1991
- Salt Lake City, UT 1991-1993
- Provo, UT 1993
- Orem, UT 1993-1994
- Provo, UT 1994-1995
- Orem, UT 1995
- Seattle, WA 1995
- Brooklyn, NY 1995-2001
- Queens, NY 2001-
So What's The Deal™ with people who board a crowded descending elevator at the fourth floor and then get off at the third floor? I haven't noticed any serial killers lurking in the stairwell lately, so I'm frankly puzzled.
Hey, anyone know some good cheap Windows software for converting AVI files to MPEGs?
Was just listening to a little live Zappa here at the office, and my inner stenographer took over for a moment or two:
Listen, we can't really be dumb if we're just following God's orders. After all, He wrote this book here, and in the book He says He made us all to be just like Him. So if we're dumb, then God is dumband maybe even a little bit ugly on the side.Then, guitar solo.
From the New York Review of Science Fiction Reading Series mailing list:
A brief reminder and revision for tonight's (Monday, February 7th) NY Review of SF Reading:
Since a total of 7 people from this group (named after Jules Verne's birthday) have stepped up to perform, we are splitting the event into two nights, the second part most likely to be our April offering. Tonight's readers will be:
Robert J. Howe
David Barr Kirtley
Bill Shunn will host.
Doors open at 6:30