Chapbook published by Spilt Milk Press, Summer 2007.
- "From Our Point of View We Had Moved to the Left" (F&SF, February 1993)
- "Kevin17" (F&SF, February 1995)
- "Observations from the City of Angels" (Salon.com, July 16, 2003)
- "Strong Medicine" (Salon.com, November 10, 2003)
- "Objective Impermeability in a Closed System" (original to this volume)
- "Not of This Fold" (original to this volume)
A collection of six near-future SF storiestwo of which have never before seen printspanning the breadth of both William Shunn's career and a fictional 21st century. Includes an introduction by Cory Doctorow and illustrations by Mattias Adolfsson. Available now for only five bucks, including US shipping!
"William Shunn is one of those SF writers who, because they specialize in short fiction, are not given quite the recognition they deserveno novels, no mass-market publication, so only the plaudits of the cognoscenti of the short form. Yet Shunn is a fine writer; ingenious, stylish, closely in touch with current global trends and expert in producing thought-provoking near-future SF, and at last he has a collection to show off that keen ability, even if it is only of chapbook length. [It] contains six stories, including two impressive original novelettes."Nick Gevers, Locus